Have you met the real Jesus—the One who is wild enough to set you free?
Too many people settle for relating to Jesus merely as a comfortable friend and companion, when what we all need is an untamed Savior, a fearless champion tough enough to conquer our shame and compelling enough for us to follow him without hesitation.
"I finally realized my caricature of Jesus wasn’t big enough to calm my anxiety or heal my wounds or defeat the wickedness in our world. Pretending Jesus is less than He is resulted in someone I wasn’t compelled to worship. So I began a journey to discover the whole Jesus—including the seemingly rough and wild parts—revealed in the Bible. And I found Him to be bigger and better than I ever dreamed." — Lisa Harper
Through a powerful blend of storytelling and biblical insights, Lisa Harper invites you to engage with the Jesus of the gospels, a person so provocative that no one left an encounter with Him unchanged. Pharisees fumed, paralytics turned cartwheels, and pariahs found love and acceptance.
Come meet the Jesus who is both safe and strong—and learn how this radical Redeemer can liberate you to live and love with abandon.
Includes questions for group discussion or personal reflection.
Untamed: How the Wild Side of Jesus Frees Us to Live and Love with Abandon
Publisher: The Doubleday Religious Publishing Group
Publication date: 06/15/2010
- Select the option "Signed by Lisa" below
- Check out when finished shopping
- In Paypal window, please select ADD located to the right of "Note to Seller" under your shipping address
- Type in the name for the book inscription
- Please note: If purchasing multiple books for more than one person, please type the book title and the coordinating name for each inscription.
Interview videos courtesy of Christian Book